13 IDEAS TO CREATE BLOG TOPICS THAT ATTRACT THE MOST VISITORS
If you’re a blogger, affiliate marketer, or website owner looking to increase the number of visitors to your website, you’ve one time or the other asked Google, “Which blog post ideas can drive more traffic to my blog?” “How do I attract more visitors?” “How do I get traffic to my blog for free?” and so many other questions surrounding one concept – How to Increase Blog/Website Traffic.
Most webmasters and digital marketing experts will tell you that it’s of no use when you have a thousand content on your blog, and no one is reading them.
Blog readers inspire a blogger to keep blogging, and getting these visitors to visit your website or blog is hinged mostly on the nature of your blog topics. Whether you expect traffic through organic search, social media or forums, your blog topics are crucial.
They’re like the bait that attracts the readers.
For blogging veterans, coming up with blog post topics might not be a big problem. However, for beginners and intermediate bloggers, it’s usual to wonder what type of content will engage your audience or best blog post ideas for beginners for you to get started.
In this piece, I’ll share 13 ideas to create blog topics that attract the most visitors.
Not only are blog topics from these ideas guaranteed to bring you more website visitors, but the content (when made quality) will also engage the audience and keep them coming back for more.
Why not go ahead and give me the topics instead of the ideas?
You’re probably wondering why I am giving you a list of ideas to create blog post topics yourself instead of giving you the blog topics list directly.
Well, I sure would’ve given you the list of blog post topics directly.
However, I’m a ‘teach me how to catch the fish’ kind of guy. I’m giving you the information you need to generate blog topics that get the most traffic, yourself.
Come to think of it; you can easily go to Google and search for “most popular blog topics 2018 or 2019” and work with them, but truth is that will limit your results.
Deriving topics from a proven set of blog ideas trigger your creativity juice to deliver valuable, engaging content that suits the current needs of your readers.
This way, you also improve your blogging skills and customize your content to your brand perspective.
That being said, the 13 ideas to create blog topics that get the most traffic are as follows.
LISTICLES (LIST ARTICLES)
Listicles are articles written in the form of a list. This blog post you’re currently reading is a typical example of a listicle. This type of post streamlines information into a numbered list, making it easy for your readers to learn and share.
Blog visitors prefer listicles because they appeal to the human desire to get the best information in the shortest period.
Check out these content writing hacks and tips for bloggers.
Top reasons why you should use listicles
- Listicles have headlines that attract attention.
- They make your reader stay focused on your content.
- It’s the perfect blog post idea if you’re writing for busy audiences
- Listicles are relatable
- They inspire comments and conversion
- They’re what your readers want because they’re usually concise and easy to read.
- Most of all, listicles are shareable.
HOW-TO’S AND TUTORIALS
The How-To or Tutorial blog idea is one of the most effective ways to drive traffic to your website in 2020, especially if you’re in the technical niche.
This idea is based on the fact that people go to the web to learn how to accomplish tasks like, “How to fix a vacuum cleaner,” “How to write quality content,” “How to become a content writer,” “How to get my blog read,” etc.
Your readers are not exempted.
Creating value-packed content is vital in attracting and retaining visitors, and writing an information tutorial or how-to guide on a subject that’s lacking one is one of the ways to create such value.
When you generate and write How-To and Tutorial blog posts, you’re providing a step-wise solution to your readers’ problem, teaching them how to perform a particular task.
Doing this strengthens your reputation, increase website traffic fast, and builds incoming links to your site.
Tips on writing a great How-To or Tutorial Article
- Choose a great topic
- Clearly state the tutorial’s objective
- Be clear and concise
- Use an organized structure
- Break down the guide into simple steps
- Include a Frequently Asked Question (Question) section
- Use relevant examples
- Use relevant images
- Remove every ambiguity
- Proofread thoroughly
- Update your tutorial regularly
- Offer to provide support.
A review is a short critical appraisal of a product or service written for a particular audience, mostly to help them make informed choices. There are two types of review posts.
There is a straight review that critically discusses a product/service and a compare and contrast of multiple related products/services.
Writing review content is a crucial aspect of blogging, preferably called niche site blogging.
Many blog owners have made a fortune from writing straight reviews of products and services to help buyers make informed purchase decisions while generating some income from affiliate sales.
As consumers, we rarely have the time to test every product thoroughly. Moreover, with ecommerce, you can stay in Europe and buy a product from America. The only way for you to know more about the product is through online reviews.
With so many people searching for information on thousands of products, it’s a great idea to write review articles to drive visitors to your website.
Tips on Writing A Great Review Blog that’ll Covert
- Know the product’s features inside and out before you start writing
- Personalize your review
- Use real data and examples
- Don’t write with a marketing tone.
- Take the time to review the product well
- Share both the good and bad of the product.
- Give your readers the information they need.
- Write a quality content
CHECKLISTS, CHEAT SHEETS, AND TO-DO’S
Most times, what your typical audience wants from you is guidance, a helping hand that’ll help them know what they need to scale a task, or what they need to do to get a problem solved. Often, it shows how to accomplish a task without efficiently without forgetting anything.
This is somewhat similar to How-To articles but is usually suitable for high-demand lifestyle blog topics. For best results, I recommend you add a printable PDF so your readers can always access your content on the go.
RESOURCE POOLS OR LINK LISTS
This is similar to a listicle. However, there is a slight difference. While listicle lists and explains the various points in the article, a resource pool post is a content curation post that lists links to highly informational contents on a specific topic.
This post is most needed by an audience who is interested in researching a particular topic, category, industry, or concept. As the name goes, a resource pool will make your audience appreciate you for your efforts in providing them the information they need.
Consequently, they’ll share your post with other people in their networks that might need the same resource, thus generating increased website traffic fast.
Besides driving traffic to your website for free, curating content is efficient and cost-effective, positions your brand as a thought leader, helps you maintain a connection with your audience, and works as an excellent way for you to connect with industry influencers.
Tips on Curating the best Resources for your audience
- Start by identifying what your audience wants to know.
- Ensure the contents you post are from a reputable source.
- Curate from a wide range of sources.
- Make sure the contents you curate match your blog’s branding.
- Use content curation tools like RSS readers, BuzzSumo, Google Alerts, etc.
- Think of yourself as a trusted industry guide
- Involve your audience and community when necessary
- Never be afraid of linking out (Many bloggers avoid curating content because it involves linking out).
- Use visual curations when necessary
- Leverage quality contents that received little exposure
- Edit regularly to remove outdated content
- Add your voice
Interviews are a great way to create content that your audience can relate to. This is because interviews are seen as content that doesn’t originate from the blogger. Besides, conducting and publishing interviews reduces the pressure of creating content from scratch.
You can start by interviewing satisfied customers or random people to get fresh perspectives on specific topics that you’d share with your audience. You can then graduate to interviewing industry leaders and influencers and publishing the interview on your blog.
When you publish the post, you can choose to upload the interview in the format that best resonates with your audience – text, audio, or video.
One of the advantages of this idea for creating blog topics that drive the most visitors is that your interviewee will be proud to share the content with his or her audience, thus driving traffic. This can be another easy traffic generation tip if you’ve been wondering how to get traffic to your blog for free.
BLOG SERIES AND PILLAR POSTS
Sometimes, an idea you may want to work on is just too vast to be a single post. In this situation, it’s strategic to decide to break down the big idea into different parts/topics, all relating to the big idea.
There are many ways to do this.
You can decide to write a pillar post, then continue with different supporting topics in the series with all series linking back to the pillar post and each other.
Also, you can decide to write the individual series, and consequently, create a pillar post that curates the contents of all the series.
You can also decide to write the series as different contents linking to each other.
Whichever way you decide to approach this content writing strategy, it’s sure to improve your SEO and build anticipation in the minds of your readers.
Tips on writing the best blog series
- Start with a plan
- Keep each post within a specific word count (ideally 500-700 words)
- Introduce the blog series
- Have a specific day for dropping each blog post (preferably, one post per week).
- Don’t start a series in the middle of the week (ideally Monday) unless your series have a specific theme like TGIF etc.
- Always give your readers a preview of the next post in a current post.
- Always review your previous post in a current post.
- Crosslink your posts for a robust SEO.
- Consider industry experts/influencers at some stages of the series.
Guest posting is another popular way to solve the problem of how to grow readership on your blog.
Because guest posting involves inviting outside experts to contribute to your blog, which gives you fresh content without having to write.
Not only does it give you content without you writing, but guest posts also attract readers to your blog from the guest writer’s audience.
Many top blogs have used this way to do justice to high demand blog topics that only experts can write on and, at the same time, build massive blog readership.
One thing you should know, though, is that as the guest blogger’s audience is following him/her to your blog, some of your readers are also checking out his blog. Often, the guest writer’s goal is to drive traffic to their site; it’s a two way ‘kinda’ thing.
When you provide incredible, valuable content, whether from guests or you, your readers will keep coming back for more.
Before you start accepting guest posts, however, ensure you set up editorial and vetting guidelines that’ll help you gauge the quality of the work and make sure it’s non-plagiarized.
You sure don’t want to displease search engines with unoriginal content on your blog.
Tips on How to get the best out of your guest bloggers
- Agree on topics and themes in advance
- Ask your guest blogger for his/her ideas
- Be selective and set your standards and expectations
- Encourage the use of relevant images
- Ensure your would-be guest blogger knows your blog beforehand
- Advise the guest blogger to avoid self-promotional content
- Have a clear style, tone, and quality guide
- Craft our a standard author bio guideline
- Provide constructive feedback when necessary
INFOGRAPHICS AND VIDEOS
In recent times, visual content has been established to generate more conversions than written content. Considering that 65% of people are visual learners and 90% of the information that comes to the brain is visual, it’s understandable why people prefer visual content.
Infographics and videos are visual contents and can serve as a savior if you’re having a hard time coming up with content ideas for your blog. They’re easy to find and exciting to engage with.
When it comes to infographics, it’s interesting to note that they help you highlight critical statistics without troubling yourself writing a thousand words. They capture the mind and are easily shared.
Furthermore, creating videos and posting both on your website and on YouTube, is another great idea. YouTube gives you access to billions of people who watch the video search engine monthly.
An excellent way to go about publishing videos on your blog is by publishing the videos on YouTube and embedding them on your website. You can decide to write a supporting optimized copy or just include the video’s transcript to create a quality supporting blog.
Whichever way you do this, you’ll get more views for your video and increase website traffic fast.
Tips for Using Visual Contents to drive quality traffic for your blog
- Use infographics and videos that are easy to understand
- Observe copyright laws when necessary
- Optimize your visual contents for SEO
- Add social media sharing buttons to your visuals
- Send the message out by sharing your visual contents across your social media channels
- Align your visual story with your content marketing strategy
- Repurpose written contents as visuals and vice versa
- Use audience generate contents
- Tailor your visual contents to the specified requirements.
- Use infographics and videos that align with your branding
CREATE CONTROVERSIAL POSTS
It’s in human nature to pay attention to controversies more. Come to think of it; how will you feel if someone argues against something you’re very sure of? Undeniably, you’ll like to find out WTF the person is saying.
Some people see it as a way of discovering new things, and everyone wants to learn something new about everything.
If you’re thinking of how to drive traffic to your website and increase interaction, take a controversial stance on a subject that your audience is passionate about.
When you take a controversial stance, you’re sure to ruffle some feathers, and readers will come to either disprove your point or know why you made your stance.
While you’re still thinking about adopting this idea to create blog topics that attract the most visitors, I have to warn you to be prepared for some angry comments from your readers.
Tips on Writing Controversial Topics
- Use your judgment
- Be bold
- Present your facts clearly
- Add some humor
- Use third-person editorial writing
- Focus on one issue
- Be strategic, but sensitive, with your timing
- Handle Reactions responsibly
- Always get a friend to read your content before hitting publish.
Writing recipes are a great way to drive traffic to your website. However, this is recommended if you’re in the food and hospitality niche. Recipes are so important because everyone is searching for the best way to cook different meals and new foods to try out.
In fact, several of the most popular blog topics I came across in 2019 are recipe contents.
Don’t be surprised!
With different people being allergic to some food items or preferring some foods over others, the internet serves as a place to discover the best ways to prepare special dishes.
Coming up with nice recipe topics and writing the content to fill this need is a great way to grow readership on your blog.
Tips on writing recipes that’ll drive traffic to your website
- Know your audience
- Make your recipe title descriptive
- Add a recipe description
- List the preparation steps and cooking time
- List the ingredients in chronological order
- Include the measurements and amounts of each ingredient
- List the utensils needed and indicate the size of bowls and cookware.
- Include storage suggestions and nutritional information
WRITE FAQ TOPICS
FAQs are one aspect of blogging many fail to exploit. Although this is seen more on ecommerce websites, FAQs, when structured well, can earn you a spot on the treasured Google featured snippet.
When Google sees your content as a resource for people, they’re sure to expose your blog to more people, and you won’t get to worry about how to attract visitors to your website.
Tips on writing FAQs that’ll drive traffic to your blog
- Use ‘FAQ’ or ‘Frequently Asked Question’ as the title of your post.
- Write the post in a question and answer format.
- Write questions from your audience’s point of view
- Keep your answers short and straight to the point
- Start your answers with a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ where necessary.
SHARE READER-GENERATED CONTENTS
From time to time, your blog readers will contact you to appreciate your work and tell you some topics they’d love to read about on your blog. When this happens, ensure you take note of the requests and develop contents that treat their requests.
Reader generated content are crucial because the contents are developed to answer questions that your audience has about a topic within your niche. Readers usually identify with this type of content because one way or the other, they wish to know about the same thing too.
In conclusion, you need to understand that high demand blog topics falling under any of these blog ideas come and go. One thing is sure however, the ideas and tips listed in this blogpost will set you on the right track to becoming the world’s most popular blogger.
When you succeed in generating the most popular blog topics 2020, you’re sure to attract the traffic you need to your website.